OTHER COOLWX PAGES
Coolwx Hit Images
Hourly Model Forecasts
Obs. Weather Database
Offshore Weather Data
U.S. Weather Statistics
Globe: Past 24 hours
Globe: Past week
Globe: Past month
Globe: Past 3 months
Globe: Past year
USA: Past 24 hours
USA: Past week
USA: Past month
USA: Past 3 months
USA: Past year
Europe: Past 24 hours
Europe: Past week
Europe: Past month
Europe: Past 3 months
Europe: Past year
Go back to main page.
(Unofficial) Record-breaking temperatures across the Globe
(Unofficial) Record-breaking temperature across the Globe
Europe animation over the past week
(note may take a while to load)
- The source of the historical data here is the NCDC GSOD (updated through 2018 as of 10 February 2019).
- The records are defined here using GMT, with the day resetting at 00GMT (7PM EST;8PM EDT).
- These records are NOT official and differ from official records that use a longer database and local (not GMT) time.
- Only cities having an NCDC GSOD recorded history of at least 35 years are shown here.
- With the additional year of data available (2018), 71 new stations (for a total of 3436) now meet the 35 year minimum record.
- In cases when there are multiple years of records for a city, the latest (most recent) year is shown above.
- Note that given the relatively short record used here (as small as 35 years), records will almost assuredly be set somewhere every day for the next several decades to centuries.
- Appreciation to R. Maue, among several others, for feedback.